Bhavan’s Thirty Second Munshi Memorial Interschool Debate Competition Rules And Regulations
- The Bhavan’s Munshi Memorial Inter School Debate Competition in English will be held on 8th February, 2020 at Bhavan’s Bhagwandas Purohit Vidya Mandir, Civil Lines,
Nagpur at 9.30 a.m.
- TOPIC FOR DEBATE :IN THE OPINION OF THE HOUSE-“ESCALATING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS ROBBING INTELLECTUAL GROWTH”
- The competition is open to bonafide students of classes 8th and 9th of all recognized schools in Nagpur.
- Only two competitors from each (one to speak for the motion and the other to speak against the motion)school are allowed to participate in the contest.
- Each participant will be given 5 minutes to present his or her thoughts.
- A warning bell will be rung at the completion of the four minutes and the final bell at the end of the fifth minute. Participants will not be judged after the fifth minute. Points will be deducted for exceeding the time limit. Time taken by every individual speaker will be recorded by the host school’s stopwatch for the purpose of record keeping. No other form of time keeping will be entertained on any account.
- The order of the speakers will be finalized by a draw of lots.
- The Bhavan’sMunshi Memorial Inter School Debate will be judged on the basis of the following 5 criteria : -
- Knowledge of subject
- Presentation – organization, voice modulation, proper sequence
- Refutation – analysis
- Platform manners and ethical consideration
- Relevance and evidence – substantiation with evidence Each criteria will carry a weightage of 10 marks.
- The Bhavan’sMunshi Memorial Inter School Debate Rolling Trophy will be awarded to the school on the basis of cumulative total of the team.
- Besides the trophy, individual prizes will be awarded to each winner.
a. First Prize - Cup with cash prize of Rs. 500/-
b. Second Prize - Cup with cash prize of Rs. 400/-
c. Third Prize - Cup with cash prize of Rs. 300/-
d. Upcoming Debater Award- Cup with cash prize of Rs. 300/-
- The winner of the contest will retain the running trophy, till the next debate and will be responsible for its maintenance and safe return. It will be the responsibility of the winning institute to send the trophy at their own cost, to the Principal, Bhavan’sBhagwandasPurohitVidyaMandir, Civil Lines, Nagpur by 15thDecember of the same year.
- A panel of 3 judges will assess the performance of the participants. The judge’s decision will be final and binding.
- The last date for receipt of entries is 30th January 2020.
- Entries can be sent through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
- The details can also be downloaded from the school website: www.bvmcl.edu.in .
- On the spot entry is not allowed.
- Any other information required will be given on the spot.
- Candidates should report at Bhavan’sBhagwandasPurohitVidyaMandir, Civil Lines by 8.15 a. m. and draw of lots will commence at 8.30 a.m.
- The leader of the opposition will be given 2 minutes to sum up for his side, which will be followed by the leader of the proposition getting another 2 minutes to sum up for his side.